Following the further developments of the COVID-19 pandemic and the gradual easing of lockdown by the UK government
below is our updated position. As of July 4th the government is suggesting 1 metre + mitigations social distancing where 2 metres is not possible.
This means it may be considered acceptable to shorten to 1 metre with added precautions in place such as face coverings, additional
ventilation and non face to face communication.
Waveform Aerial & Satellite Services will be continuing with the current guidance of 2 metres plus for the forseeable future. The health and well being of our staff, customers and the wider public is as important to us as ever. Service call home visits will only be possible on the strict grounds laid out below:
● Emergency outdoor aerial dismantling will be considered but we may request further details in the form of photographs of the situation / incident for further consideration / clarification before visiting.
● Non-emergency outdoor repairs may be considered but we will request further advance details in the form of photographs and other fault symptom descriptions for further consideration and pre fault finding diagnosis to reduce the requirement for household entry to an absolute minimum.
● Non-emergency indoor repairs may be considered but we will again request further advance details in the form of photographs and other fault symptom descriptions for further consideration to reduce the period of household entry to an absolute minimum. Strict social distancing between our staff and all household members must also be observed at all times. We would ask that any rooms or passages that require our entry to be fully vacated by all household members during a visit to facilitate lone working and more than adequate social distancing.
● New installations requiring the entering of any household may be considered. We would require further advance details in the form of photographs and clear descriptions for further consideration before a visit could be arranged. Again strict social distancing between our staff and the household members must also be observed at all times. Any rooms or passages that require our entry must be fully vacated by all household members during a visit to facilitate adequate social distancing.
● Hand washing provisions must be provided by the customer for our staff to allow and ensure maximum hygiene particularly when handling of remote controls will or has been necessary.
● All invoicing and payment to be contactless. This will be by the generation of an electronic invoice emailed to the customer and payment by either bank transfer or card payment (card holder not present transaction - by keying of numbers to card machine).
● We reserve the right to refuse to serve a customer where social distancing will be difficult, impossible or the customer and household members are un-cooperative.